Over the course of the coming weeks and months the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will be introducing enhanced security screening for people travelling to the United States.
These measures will include:
• Enhancing overall passenger screening;
• Increasing security protocols around aircraft and in passenger areas; and
• Deploying advanced technology, expanding canine screening, and establishing additional pre-clearance locations.
• Conducting heightened screening of personal electronic devices.
The DHS and TSA intend to work with airline partners and we are beginning to receive updates from carriers about the new protocols. We will provide constant updates as the information comes through.
Right now, any US-bound traveller should take note of the following:
• You are strongly recommended to arrive at the airport at least three hours prior to your flight. This will ensure you have enough time to check in and clear all security checks prior to boarding.
• The carriage of personal electronics on board aircraft to the USA is still permitted, with exceptions of the following: Amman, Jordan (AMM) / Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (JED) / Cairo, Egypt (CAI) / Kuwait City, Kuwait (KWI) / Casablanca, Morocco (CAS) and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (RUH).
• If you are carrying personal electronics, please ensure that you have enough power to turn on these devices during the security check. Some items may be required to be removed from their protective cases or outer packaging.
For more information, please speak to your account manager or Business travel consultant.