The Australian Government has introduced additional aviation security measures at international and domestic terminals at Australia's major airports, following the discovery of an alleged terror plot involving a plane.
Both domestic and international travellers should expect to experience an increased level of security scrutiny at the airport.
FCM Travel Solutions advises that:
- Domestic travellers should arrive at the airport two hours before domestic flights.
- International travellers should arrive at the airport three hours before international flights to allow ample time for screening.
Travellers can assist the process by:
- Reducing the amount of carry-on luggage on board. Please note, there are no changes to the amount permitted by the airlines.
- Ensuring you are ready for security with pockets empty, laptops out and shoes off.
- Making sure your electronic devices are charged enough that they can be powered up if requested by security.
- Adjusting your travel arrangements to fly in non-peak periods.
- Being patient and compliant with the officials managing the security.
For more information or assistance please contact your FCM BusinessTravel Consultant.